Award-Winning Criminal Defense Attorneys
Mr. Springstead and Mr. Bartish Deemed Super Lawyers for Criminal Law
The Grand Rapids criminal defense attorneys at Springstead Bartish & Borgula Law, P.L.L.C. regularly defend clients charged with crimes in state court throughout West Michigan. With a team of criminal lawyers that features two former-FBI agents and a former active-duty U.S. Army Judge Advocate General (JAG) Corps officer, our criminal defense attorneys possess a unique set of skills and the determination to try and win your case or get you the best possible result.
At Springstead Bartish & Borgula Law, PLLC, we understand what is at stake when you are under investigation or have been arrested and charged. Your well-being, your family, your freedom and your future are in jeopardy. In your battle to protect these, you should have a criminal defense attorney with the knowledge, experience and resources to successfully challenge the law enforcement officers and prosecutors who seek to convict you of a crime.
Our lawyers spent years building criminal cases for the federal government. Now, as criminal defense attorneys, we use the same skills we used to build those criminal cases to take them apart. Our criminal defense lawyers use this unique set of legal skills to try and win your case or obtain the best possible result for our clients. We have defended hundreds of misdemeanor and felony criminal charges throughout West Michigan.
Grand Rapids Criminal Defense Lawyers On Your Side
At Springstead Bartish & Borgula Law, PLLC, we put our vast experience in criminal law to work every day to protect the rights of our clients facing criminal charges and to achieve the best possible outcomes for them. As part of the process of defending our clients, our criminal defense lawyers:
- Conduct an immediate and thorough investigation of allegations
- Deal effectively with state and local police, federal agents and prosecutors, sometimes before any charges are filed
- Negotiate to limit the charges ultimately brought
- Obtain reduced bail when possible
- Discuss all options and the likelihood of their success
- Seek a favorable plea agreement when warranted
- Pursue innovative trial defense strategies
- Try and mitigate any sentence following a conviction
As a client of Springstead Bartish & Borgula Law, P.L.L.C., you are assured that you are represented by an attorney who is committed to protecting your interests at any stage of a state or federal case:
Springstead Bartish & Borgula Law has earned a reputation for excellence in West Michigan. Both Mr. Springstead and Mr. Bartish were named “Super Lawyers” for criminal law in 2014, a distinction bestowed on less than 5% of the attorneys in the State of Michigan. In fact, Springstead Bartish & Borgula Law is one of two law firms in Grand Rapids that can boast that it has two Super Lawyers for criminal law. In addition, our lawyers have earned the trust and respect of countless clients, as reflected by the fact that all three of our criminal defense lawyers are rated 10.0 Superb by Avvo.com and all three attorneys received Avvo’s Client’s Choice Award in 2014.
An Entire Law Firm Dedicated to Criminal Defense in West Michigan
If you are arrested for a crime, exercise your right to be represented by an attorney. Our criminal defense attorneys in Grand Rapids ensure that your rights are protected throughout the investigation, arrest and prosecution, and we hold the prosecutors to their duty of proving the charges against you beyond a reasonable doubt. Schedule a no-obligation, free consultation to learn more about how we can defend you in the Michigan state courts against allegations of:
- Assault and battery — Our Grand Rapids criminal defense attorneys aggressively defend you against charges of misdemeanor and felony assault, battery, domestic violence and violations of domestic violence injunctions, in addition to challenging personal protection orders (PPOs) in the state courts.
- Domestic Violence
- Drug offenses — We protect your rights during arrest and prosecution of drug-related crimes — including narcotics possession, distribution, trafficking and driving while under the influence of drugs (DWI).
- OWI, OWVI, DUI, OUIL, involving alcohol or drugs
- Driving and License offenses
- Gun / Weapon Possession
- Home Invasion
- Homicide by Vehicle
- Probation violations
- Resisting and opposing
- Sex crimes — Our extensive investigative and trial training is integral to our successful defense in cases involving sexual harassment, criminal sexual misconduct, statutory rape, date rape, child sexual assault, sodomy, child molestation, indecent exposure and sex offender registry offenses.
o Criminal sexual conduct
o Statutory rape
o Date rape
o Child sexual assault
o Child molestation
o Indecent exposure
- Sex offender registry offenses
- Traffic violations
- Property crimes — For effective defense against property crime charges, such as theft, breaking and entering, criminal trespass, arson, vandalism, carjacking, and shoplifting, you can rely on our hard-hitting criminal defense attorneys in Grand Rapids.
- Minors in possession / Student Crimes — Avoid the immediate and long-term serious penalties imposed by Michigan’s zero tolerance laws by consulting our Grand Rapids criminal defense attorneys for discreet, assertive defenses against minor in possession (MIP) charges.
- White collar crimes — Our team has the substantial skills and knowledge to represent you during investigations of or arrests for complex white collar crime charges involving forgery, embezzlement, check fraud and real estate fraud.
We Regularly Defend Clients in the Following Courts:
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation and Consultation
If you have been accused of committing a misdemeanor or felony crime, call Springstead Bartish & Borgula Law, for a free case evaluation and consultation: Grand Rapids (616) 458-5500 or Fremont office at (231) 924-8700 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation with an award-winning West Michigan Criminal Defense Attorney.