Kathy Springstead is a former F.B.I. Special Agent with an impressive resume. Ms. Springstead leaves no stone unturned for her clients and is tremendous asset for Springstead Bartish & Borgula Law, P.L.L.C. She regularly defends clients in courts throughout West Michigan, and is frequently called upon in complex criminal cases to assist the other attorneys with her keen investigative skills, incisive insight on a case or investigation, thorough legal research, and persuasive writing skills. Her compassionate and friendly approach, coupled with her unique ability to take apart an investigation, a prosecution, or write a winning brief or appeal, has earned the honor of winning Avvo’s Client Choice Award in 2014 and a “Superb” rating.
Former F.B.I. Special Agent and Trial Consultant
After earning her law degree from Georgetown University in 2000, Ms. Springstead became a special agent for the FBI, where she conducted investigations into violations of federal laws. Her duties in this position included interviewing witnesses, performing surveillance, executing search and arrest warrants, testifying in federal courts and coordinating investigations and prosecutions with the U.S. Attorney’s Office, the Department of Justice and other federal agencies. Ms. Springstead’s extensive FBI training is a valuable asset as she develops defense strategies for her clients at Springstead Bartish & Borgula Law, P.L.L.C..
In 2006, Ms. Springstead began putting her experience as an award-winning investigator to work for Trial Consultants, LLC of Fremont, Michigan. As a trial consultant, she assisted criminal defense attorneys with cases in federal courts by organizing and analyzing discovery materials, reviewing and preparing evidence for use at trial, and conducting witness and defendant interviews.
CALL NOW FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION AND CONSULTATION
If you are being investigated for or have been charged with a federal or state crime, call Springstead Bartish & Borgula Law, P.L.L.C.’s Grand Rapids office at (616) 458-5500 or our Fremont office at (231) 924-8700 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.
Areas of practice
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC, 2000
- M.A., International Relations, Boston University, Brussels, Belgium, 1994
- B.A., Political Science with French minor, Clemson University, Clemson, S.C., 1992
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 2011
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), Member
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan (CDAM), Member
- National College of DUI Defense (NCDD), Member
- Michigan Association of OWI Attorneys (MIOWIA), Member
- Newaygo/Oceana County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- FBI Agents’ Association, Member
- Award for Public Service, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2004
- National Intelligence Meritorious Unit Citation, Director of Central Intelligence, 2004
- FBI Director’s Award for Outstanding Counterintelligence Investigation, 2003
- Georgetown University Immigration Law Journal, 1998–1999